Critical Incident Masterclass for Mining Professionals Masterclass
This Masterclass equips participants with the knowledge and tools necessary for them to ensure their mining operations are crisis ready.
Day 1 – Left of Boom
The first session of the masterclass focuses on preparing your organisation for a crisis. These modules will provide participants with the knowledge and tools to support them in the development of the plans, processes and training that will form the foundation of their crisis management capability.
- Purpose – Establishes the framework of the crisis and emergency management system, introduction to the principles of crisis and emergency management, identification of the key elements and benefits of the system.
- Pre-empt – Outlines the key activities required to develop the crisis management plan, including facilitation of risk reviews, developing the structure of the crisis management organisation and the key components of the crisis management plans.
- Prepare – Walks you through the activities required to allocate roles/responsibilities for the crisis management team, and implement the training necessary for individuals and teams, to ensure the system is kept at a state of readiness.
Day 1 Take-aways:
At the end of day 1, you will be confidently able to return to your work with the following:
- Identified risks to be addressed by the crisis management system
- Structure for the crisis management teams in your organisation
- Templated solutions for the development of your crisis management plan
- Outline for the conduct of team training and exercises
– – – – – – – – – – –
Day 2 : Right of Boom – Respond
The second session of the masterclass will take the work we did in setting up the crisis management team and walk through the practices necessary to successfully manage a crisis. This module will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to be proactive and confident in the way you lead crisis response activities in your organisation.
- Respond – Details the key activities needed to manage “Zero Hour” and how to set the crisis management team up for success during the initial response process.
- Reassure – Outlines the activities needed to effectively manage stakeholders during response and recovery activities.
- Recover – Walks through each of the key considerations steps needed for a successful transition from response to recovery.
Day 2 Take-aways:
At the end of Day 2, you will be confident in your understanding of what it takes to manage a crisis including:
- How to activate the crisis management team
- What needs to be done at “Zero Hour” to set the team up for success
- Templated solutions for management of stakeholders during a crisis
- How to successfully stand down a response and set-up for recovery